Our Services to P2P Families
Our programs are designed to support the emotional well being of parents, babies and their families. We provide psychological interventions that are based on international best practice guidelines in perinatal and infant mental health.
We partner with families to develop goals for intervention and work out ways to:
- Help parents to feel emotionally well and develop more confidence in their parenting
- Build reflective capacity, which we know is crucial for building close and secure attachment relationship between a parent and their baby
- Support healthy parent-infant relationships that are meaningful and enjoyable through learning parenting skills that promote understanding and knowing how to best respond to the baby’s emotional experiences.
We support families presenting with a range of concerns in pregnancy through to 2 years old. These include and are not limited to parents experiencing or at risk of developing mental health problems and/or emotional and developmental issues developing in the infant or very young child. Examples of presenting concerns include
- Concerns about not coping emotionally during pregnancy
- Unwanted pregnancy
- Fertility issues and assisted conception
- Unexpected fetal, neonatal, or infant outcomes
- Parent history of childhood trauma
- Birth trauma
- Perinatal loss
- Difficulty adjusting to becoming a parent and/or developing a bond with your child
- Feeling sad, depressed, irritable, or anxious during pregnancy and/or parenthood
- Unsettled baby
- Lack of enjoyment in parenting
- Infant or young child is frequently emotionally upset
- Emotional distress related to feeling socially isolated
Let’s get started
Our team are ready to support parents to be responsive, sensitive, and nurturing to their baby in their everyday parenting. Get in touch today to start your journey.